Andy combines real-world experience with research-based best practices to engage audiences in strategies that they can use right now.
Connect with Andy in person or online to inspire your team to do their best and reach every child.
Ready to pull your hair out over the latest discipline issue, but feel stuck because you don’t know what to do next? The trick is motivating kids to actually want to behave by focusing on resiliency, relationships, and even embracing a bit of rebellion towards traditional policies. Our discipline approach may need to look a little different, because each child we serve is different. Challenging. Unpredictable. Exciting. We got this!
What is innovation and who decides what should be changed? There are reasons some schools thrive during challenging times while others fall apart. Capitalize on the change process. Maximize input from stakeholders. Lead from within, both personally and organizationally, to empower the true potential of your entire school community!
Students and staff need to be active and enthusiastic participants in the learning process. This means that we must create experiences in both staff meetings and in classrooms focused on motivation, engagement, and empowerment to inspire individual excellence and ensure active participation.
Interview with Tom Murray, Director of Innovation for Future Ready Schools
Interview with Jeff Prickett and Adam DeWitt
The Principal Leadership Lab Podcast
* Empower people to take risks using trust and relationships
* Changing schools because of the interests of staff and parents
* Aligning your budget to your school core beliefs
* Defining ourselves by how we teach all of our kids
Interview with the Planning Period Podcast
* How to lead change
* No suspension philosophy
* How one-size-fits-all discipline is negatively affecting our students
* How we still don’t know the goal of education, how we need to
* The importance of learning from the teachers around us now
Stay connected for the latest articles and updates!
It’s cool to have a friend that gets it, right?!