Ready to pull your hair out over the latest discipline issue, but feel stuck because you don’t know what to do next? The trick is motivating kids to actually want to behave by increasing ownership, building meaningful relationships, and even embracing a bit of rebellion towards traditional practices. Our discipline approach may need to look a little different, because each child we serve is different. But every single one of them deserves a chance at success!
It’s ok to want the best in your school, but it starts by looking in the mirror and finding the ways that you can improve first. There are reasons some schools thrive during challenging times while others fall apart. Truly engage those around you towards your common goals. Maximize input from stakeholders. Lead from within, both personally and organizationally, to empower the true potential of your entire school community. Oh, and don’t forget to have a ton of fun along the way!
Interview with Tom Murray, Director of Innovation for Future Ready Schools
Interview with Jeff Prickett and Adam DeWitt
The Principal Leadership Lab Podcast
* Empower people to take risks using trust and relationships
* Changing schools because of the interests of staff and parents
* Aligning your budget to your school core beliefs
* Defining ourselves by how we teach all of our kids
Interview with the Planning Period Podcast
* How to lead change
* No suspension philosophy
* How one-size-fits-all discipline is negatively affecting our students
* How we still don’t know the goal of education, how we need to
* The importance of learning from the teachers around us now
Stay connected for the latest articles and updates!
It’s cool to have a friend that gets it, right?!